Update – October 18, 2017 6:30 PM
All Oakmont Senior Living residents and staff are accounted for, safe, and settling into new living arrangements after wildfires forced evacuation of our four Assisted Living and Memory Care communities in Santa Rosa. Our primary goal is to ensure the safety of our residents and to reassure their families. During this process we will continue to send you emails throughout the week to keep you informed.
If you need to get a hold of our Oakmont Team, please call:
For residents, family members and loved ones: (707) 353-5052;
Housing and Care Placement Services, contact our Oakmont Team at: (877) 896-9249
We are sending email updates out to our residents and families a few times a week – if you are not receiving these emails and would like to be added to the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations of Help
In response to the many requests and generous offers we received, we set up donation pages for the Oakmont of Villa Capri residents and Oakmont Employees who lost their home and all of their belongings due to the wildfires:
Retrieving Priority Personal Items
Our Oakmont Team has contacted our residents and families this week and have started the process to retrieve priority and urgent personal items. If you were not able to connect with us, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you lived at an evacuated Oakmont community and have a pet that is unaccounted for, please call (585) 208-2497.
Evacuation Orders Remain in Effect
There is absolutely no entry until evacuation zones are lifted. The National Guard has been enforcing the area. We have heard road closures may be lifted soon, however, Varenna, Fountaingrove Lodge and the Terraces will remain closed until it is fully safe and in livable conditions to return home.
Oakmont Communities Evacuated and Relocated
- Varenna, 1401 Fountaingrove Pkwy, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 – Relocated to Montecito;
- Fountaingrove Lodge, 4210 Thomas Lake Harris Drive – Relocated to Montecito
- The Terraces, 4200 Thomas Lake Harris Drive – Relocated to Belmont Village; and
- Oakmont of Villa Capri, 1397 Fountaingrove Pkwy – Relocated to Montecito and Belmont Village.
Oakmont of Montecito Community Phone # (925) 692-5838
Belmont Village in Albany, Community Phone number for Terraces and Villa Capri Families can call # (510) 423-8126; Varenna and Fountaingrove Families Respiting # (510) 549-6431
Status of our Communities
- Oakmont of Villa Capri was unfortunately destroyed by the fire. We have been successful in connecting with our residents and families regarding housing and placement options. The Villa Capri community will be rebuilt; however, we estimate it could take up to 18 months.
- Varenna sustained damage to the northern end of the property and to one of the casitas. We approximate reopening in 5-8 weeks once the restore and restoration is complete, and we have the approvals to allow our residents to move back home.
- At Fountaingrove Lodge and The Terraces, we have smoke damage and started the restoration process. We anticipate reopening both communities in 3-5 weeks once everything has been complete, and we have the approvals to allow our residents to move back home.
(Please know these are estimated timelines and subject to change. We hope to be able to have our residents return home as soon as possible.)
Important updates: We emailed our residents and families on October 18th regarding questions and answers to their monthly payments. As well as on October 14th, regarding renters insurance for Fountaingrove Lodge, The Terraces and Varenna. If you did not receive this information please email us at email@example.com
The entire Oakmont team is moving through this process as quickly as possible, so that our residents can return home. Our focus continues to be on the care, welfare, and safety of our residents and staff. We have heard from many of you and we so grateful for all the kind words and looking forward to the day we can re-open the communities for our residents and staff.